Data Updating Service
Data Updating Service
Only fresh data can produce a good result
The pending POPI legislation now really starts to put the pressure on marketers to make their customer and prospect databases fully POPI compliant, but it is even more critical to update these databases with the most recent contact information before the Act comes into force in early 2018.
There are two key reasons why you need to update your customer contact data:
- To be POPI compliant you will need to upgrade the quality and contactability of your database. Quality is a key POPI condition and it makes perfect marketing sense to ensure that your database is fully up to date.
- After POPI becomes effective in May 2018 commercial marketing databases will become rare and expensive, so updating now at a reasonable rate makes sense.
Consumer Data Updating Service
Looking at consumer data first, the ID number is the key. If you have your customer”s name and ID number but the contact information is out of date your data has very little value. The Update Service can verify the name and validate the ID number, and supply all the contact information you need. The process is:
- Client supplies customer data under cover of an NDA if required.
- The Brownstone Consumer Database does a matching run that will validate the ID number, supply a full name and flag if the person is deceased.
- The Database will then add all the contact information they have for this person, including street and postal address, work and home landline numbers and cell number plus the email address (only available in 20% of cases).
- The cost will be R2.00 per person for under 5,000, R1.50 per person for under 20,000, and R1.00 per person for larger quantities. The price is negotiable for very large quantities. You only pay for the matched and verified data supplied with at least one telephone number and address.
- This process can be done online for single enquiries, subject to sign-on as a long term client.
Business Data Updating Service
With business data the process is essentially the same, but the matching options are much wider. Matching is usually done using the company name and telephone numbers, but an executive name search can be done. The process is:
- Client supplies a test batch of data for quoting.
- Once the matching procedure has been agreed the client can supply the rest of the data under cover of an NDA if required.
- We will supply the details of two key executives for each company that is matched. We will supply this data for each executive: the name of the executive, job designation, company name, postal address, email address, web address, personal telephone, switchboard and cell numbers (cell only if permission to use cell is received), business description and size of business (number of employees).
- The price is R7.50 per company, but if the matched quantity is 2,000 companies or more then the price drops to R5.00 per company.
- If you require the complete executive team for each of your customer companies we can supply the data at R2.50 per executive. The minimum charge is 5,000 executives.
We also offer a database building service using our team of skilled researchers. They specialise in identifying difficult to find job categories such as contact centre work force management specialists and specialised engineers and software analysts, for example. We can find the prospects you need and supply them with a full set of contact information. The cost varies according to the type of job category we need to research and so can cost between R10.00 and R15.00 per executive or specialist found.We can also manage your customer database for you on an ongoing basis for a fixed monthly fee, which will include constant updating of the data on the database.